Develop the skills of an effective leader.
Format: Offered Online and On-Campus
Duration: 8 weeks
Credits: 3 credits
What are the characteristics of a successful leader? How can you develop skills to enhance your ability to lead? In MBAM 604 Leadership Explored and Applied, you’ll examine theories of leadership and apply them to organizational situations.
Throughout this course, discussions, debates, documentaries, group projects and essay assignments will give you the opportunity to combine knowledge, principles and personal experiences to analyze and evaluate the factors associated with leadership.
What You’ll Learn in MBAM 604
In this course, you’ll examine effective leadership theories and apply the knowledge and skills that enhance individual and organizational performance. You’ll evaluate your own leadership style and learn how your style affects members of your organization. You’ll discover alternate styles that you can apply to become a successful leader.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- The Nature and Importance of Leadership
- Leadership Theories and Approaches
- Working with Others
- Leadership Skills – Researched and Applied
- Leading Teams
- Situational Leadership
- Power, Ethics and Social Responsibility
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of MBAM 604, you will be able to:
- Understand the effects of applying different leadership theories/approaches in organizational settings.
- Have an awareness of your own leadership style and its impact on your colleagues, employees and organization.
- Apply leadership knowledge and skills to enhance individual and organizational effectiveness.
Request More Information
To learn more about the Master of Science in Criminology curriculum, including Leadership Explored and Applied, call us at 877-820-0581 to speak with an admissions counselor. You can request information or visit our resource center to gain more insight on the criminology and criminal justice industry.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.