Explore the challenges of technology security.
Format: Offered Online and On-Campus
Duration: 8 weeks
Credits: 3 credits
To protect your organization from potential cybercrime, you need to know what information exchanges are occurring in your company or project, where your vulnerabilities are and how to mitigate them. MSIA 670 Enterprise Information Assurance gives you an introduction, overview and review of specific technologies and provides an introductory overview of how to secure those technologies.
Throughout the course, you will engage in a variety of assessment methods to demonstrate course competencies. These assessment methods may include, but are not limited to, written assignments, oral presentations, research papers, quizzes, service learning projects and class participation.
What You’ll Learn in MSIA 670
In this course, you’ll explore the fundamentals of telecommunication systems and learn how to protect them from cyber intrusions. You’ll analyze the basic Information Assurance (IA) model and learn how to secure Wide Area Networking (WAN) environments. You’ll also examine current security standards and the most effective security and auditing practices.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Wide Area Networking Essentials
- Secure Telecommunications
- Review of Internetworking Concepts
- Securing Internetworking Components
- Wireless Concepts and Strategies
- Wireless Security
- Risk Challenge and Response
- Incident Response
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of MSIA 670, you will be able to:
- Describe Wide Area Networking fundamentals and the security strategies to secure the environment.
- Define telecommunications fundamentals, how they operate and how to secure them.
- Design and implement basic internetworking security devices to secure the enterprise.
- Describe how wireless technologies operate, their strengths and weaknesses and how to secure them.
- Recognize risk challenges and how to construct an effective incident response plan.
Request More Information
To learn more about the Master of Science in Criminology curriculum, including Enterprise Information Assurance, call us at 877-820-0581 to speak with an admissions counselor. You can request information or visit our resource center to gain more insight on the criminology and criminal justice industry.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.