Evaluate, assess and prevent the threat of job-related violence.
Format: Offered Online and On-Campus
Duration: 8 weeks
Credits: 3 credits
Workplace violence threatens the safety and security of innocent employees, as well as the targeted victims of a violent act. In CR 433 Violence in the Workplace, you’ll explore theories on workplace abuse and violence, examining causes, prevention and intervention. Case studies will give you the opportunity to discuss recent events of violence within the workplace.
Throughout this course, discussions, debates, documentaries, group projects and essay assignments will give you the opportunity to combine knowledge, principles and personal experiences to analyze and evaluate the factors associated with violence.
What You’ll Learn in CR 433
This course is an interdisciplinary examination of, and practical approaches to, prevention, intervention and dealing with the aftermath of violence in the workplace.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Introduction to Workplace Violence
- Policies and Training Considerations
- Warning Signs and Anger Management
- Consequences of Violence: The Human Factors
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of CR 433, you will be equipped to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature and scope of the issues related to workplace abuse and violence in the United States.
- Understand key theories of causation, prevention, intervention and dealing with the aftermath with respect to workplace abuse and violence.
- Propose an integrated, multi-discipline approach to prevention and reduction in workplace abuse and violence.
- Demonstrate proactive measures capable of managing workplace violence issues.
Request More Information
To learn more about the Bachelor of Science in Criminology curriculum, including Violence in the Workplace, call us at 877.820.0581 to speak with an admissions counselor. Or, request information or visit our resource center to gain more insight on the criminology and criminal justice industry.
Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.